Measuring Up

When people used to tell me "time flies" and/or "she'll grow up before you know it".... I used to roll my eyes and secretly think I'll absorb each moment and it won't go by so fast. Well, I do still try to enjoy every second with her (well, that might be an overstatement for times when she's in Sailer meltdown mode), but time is still slipping away too fast. I look at her each day and wonder where my little baby went?!?!? Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, her Uncle Tim and Aunt Lisa bought her a 2-yr-old oak tree for her 2nd birthday so that it would always grow with her. The tree is growing as fast as she does! We made a family event out of planting it this past weekend... and Sailer assisted with each step of the process. We planted it right in front of our house, so I'm sure the neighbors are confused why we have a random baby tree in our front drive through, but it seemed like the perfect place for it. Because one day (I'm sure far too soon), it will be a BIG beautiful tree....





1 comment:

aLena said...

The oak tree is such a cool idea, I would have never thought of that. It's going to be fun to watch the tree grow along with Sailer.

I hope your family had a blessed Easter! I always enjoy reading your posts :D