17 Oct ~ Buttefly Flutterby

Today was Grapevine's Butterfly Flutterby, which is absolutely adorable and such a fun event! The Monarch buttefly's migration pattern goes over the city, and they make a huge deal out of it. There were TONS of kids and pets that dressed up like butteflies... it was amazing how many people were there!! First things first, here's my precious little Monarch butterfly...

A few butterfly hugs between friends... My sweet little man wasn't paying that much attention to the fanfare.
The pets were by far Miss. Sailer's favorite part... the puppies galore!!


And then, the sweet girls in the parade:


{I need to include that at one point during the parade I was trying to get a shot of the girls and was running backwards...I almost took out a small child in my attempts and then, fell on my tush HARD! LOL!}
the girls also got to ride the ponies which Sailer kept telling me, "my pony cw-Azy, mommy, cwazy!!!"

But one of the coolest parts of the whole day, they give each parade participant a real live monarch butterfly to release into the wild (it's in the white envelope). The girls were absolutely LOVING it!



Can you believe it flew right up to her and landed on her flower?? {this is my absolute favorite picture!!}
Then the crafts:
BUT the best for this mama was the fact that at the end they announced the overall winners of all the kids' costumes and my little butterfly won FIRST PLACE out of everyone!! She was so funny... she'd hit her "wall" and was fussy, so as I was taking her up to the stage to receive her prizes and ribbon, the announcer said, "she's so happy, she's crying!!" LOL!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Congrats on the win... woohoo!! I would have sooo voted on Sailer; absolutely adorable. Where in the world did you get that costume? WAY CUTE!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Nicole Fields said...

Love her costume. It is beautiful! Congrats on first place and how funny that she was crying. So cute! How is little Lincoln doing? Better?

aLena said...

She definitely deserved 1st place for that adorable costume... sooo cute & Luv that pic with the butterfly on her flower :)