Love/ Mostly Hate Relationship with Manual Settings

Well, just in case I didn't have enough hobbies and because I always have so much extra time on my hands (right)... I have decided that I'm finally going to try to master the manual art of photography. We bought our fancy SLR and lens over a year ago, and I had yet to try anything outside of fully automatic. I always look at other blogs and some of their pictures are just so much better....so frustrating!! Well, the difference is auto versus manual so I've discovered. Well, I thought it would be no problem to tackle that learning curve. Um, news flash to me. I have bought a few books on exposure and learning apperture/ ISO/ F-stops/ etc..... and finally learning that all those fun numbers on my camera do actually have a purpose. Well, it's beyond confusing! I need major tutorials....anyway, here are a few I did fully manual while Sailer were outside doing the bubbles. There still atrocious but at least they're somewhat in focus (you have no idea what a feat that is).



2 comments:

TEAMMA said...

such cute pics.. you are doing well withthe fancy slr :)

Anonymous said...

hey! love reading the blog, so fun to see how adorably you dress little Sailer and some fun pics! You did great for first time shooting manual..keep it up...it just takes practice and lots and LOTS of shooting..hehe...