18 Jan ~ Answered Prayers & Slave Labor

What a day! As I've said before, we are currently visiting local churches on the hunt for a new church home right now. I seriously sat down last night and prayed over our visit today b/c we are finally serious about it. It's such a big decision, and I really want to follow His lead. The hard part, of course, is fulfilling the needs of both Mark and me (poor little Sailer doesn't quite know or care yet (= ).... but I just know there is a perfect place for both of us out there. Anyway, we met a good couple friend of ours at their church this morning (one of the ones on my list to visit), and Mark & I both looked at each other as we left and said "I loved it." WOW- what an answered prayer. We will continue to visit the remainder of those on the list, but what an incredible and settling feeling to know that there is already one out there that we both loved. Why do I ever doubt Him??

Then, came the slave labor part of the day...I'm so dead tired, I can barely move! No, seriously....I can barely move. BUT the baby's room walls are done and ready for the painter lady. AND I finally got my master bathroom fauxed to coordinate with the bedroom (9 hours later). But what a relief! Now moving on to painting Sailer's room and our living room...the projects never cease at the James casa! But as most of you know, both Mark and I are huge do-it-yourselfers, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just LOVE that feeling once I've finished a big project... it's like this high that makes it all worth the effort.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

you go girl! I hope you guys find the right church home where you feel loved and can show your love. I love doing projects!

Evan and Nicole said...

Congrats on the answered prayers!! I agree bout the do it yourself part --- Be sure to take lots of pictures!--- can't wait to see what you have done!

babygooch.blogspot.com

aLena said...

Hang in there! From the pics you've posted so far, your house looks amazing. Can't wait to see more of what else you have done.