2 May ~ And the fun had to end


Last night when I returned from the Gladney event, I found Sailer in my bed with a super high fever. It didn't dissipate this morning, and she woke up with a sore on her lip. When I called the pediatrician, he said that they'd had at least 4 children call in this weekend with HERPES. I almost died. Seriously, died. I know it's something a lot of people have, but she's a baby. Needless to say, I packed her up and took her to the emergency clinic asap. After a few tests, they gave me the "best" news... ok, well that's an overstatement, but it's not herpes. Somehow she has a strain of hand, foot, mouth. I'd heard of it before, but had NO idea what the heck it was. Ends up, it's painful and sad to see.... and there's no treatment. But at least it wasn't permanent. Off to get her in bed.)=

No comments: