Day 2 ~ the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees

This morning we awoke early to grab breakfast (insert: the BEST croissants on the planet!!!!). Most of our trip was was on our own, but we did take a guided tour this morning of the city to get our bearings. I wasn't that excited about it, but it actually turned out to be fascinating. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and interesting... we learned so many things that without him, we wouldn't have ever learned.

Here is our drive down the Champs-Elysees headed straight to the Arc-de-Triomphe.

We made a quick stop here at Invalides and the Musee de L'Armee.... we didn't tour it today because we were running late for our tour of the Eiffel Tower, but I definitely want to return.

And the quintessential sign of Paris.... the Eiffel Tower. It's absolutely monstrous.


I bought this silly beret for Sailer, but borrowed it to take a quick picture from the up inside the Eiffel Tower just for fun.

From the Tower, we headed to do some damage on the Champs Elysees (for those of you unfamiliar, it's the BEST shopping with very exclusive and every-day shops mixed in together). Needless to say, I was in my own little personal slice of heaven. I would definitely be completely broke if I lived in Paris with this at my disposal. What is so neat about the shops there is that everyone takes immense time, planning and creativity in their window displays. They are simply unparalleled. We did have to stop at this little culinary school for a snack and of course, a little afternoon glass of rose.

We ended our leisurely shopping/strolling day on the Champs Elysees at Laduree in their bar for a quick pastis and tray of the most delicious macaroons EVER (because I'm full of worthless Hollywood trivia...this is where Eva Longoria flew in all of her sweets, particularly the macaroons for her wedding)!
These pictures do not do it justice... it was absolutely breathtaking.
Tonight we went to dinner at Le Grand Colbert, made famous by the movie, Something's Gotta Give. It's the restaurant Diane Keaton ate at for her birthday in Paris. I thought it might be hokey or commercialized. I was pleasantly surprised... the atmosphere was romantic but fun, and the service impeccable. They're famous for their roasted chicken, and I have to say. It was the BEST I've ever eaten in my life.




No comments: